So here are my thoughts as I start out once more. Thought just for this week. Not some big, all-encompassing, insightful and inspiring post. Just a few thoughts so I can at least get started ...
- I am seeing a therapist who specializes in food addictions. She has gone through this, so she gets is. She is about my age. I like her. I can talk to her. I hope this will be helpful.
- My goal for this week is simply to not eat any sweets. My week will be successful if I can avoid sweet things like candy, cake, cookies, etc.
- I am going to start reading Geneen Roth's book titled Women, God, and Food.
- I read an interesting blog / article online about a woman who started drinking 12 glasses of water a day. I know I should drink more water. I am going to try drinking eight 8 oz. glasses of water every day and see what happens.
- I am only going to weigh myself once a month, not once a day. The number on the scale holds far too much power over my emotions. A "bad" number ... a minuscule gain ... can ruin a day, a week, an overall effort. Once a month. That's it. I will try to focus on how I feel and how my clothes fit.