Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What I wrote in January 2013

This is an old post dated January 01, 2013. I am keeping it because so much of what I wrote then is true now. Still true. It is still a struggle. 

This is where I am starting:

  • I ache when I wake up in the morning. My hips hurt. My back hurts.
  • I can't put my ankle up across my knee to put socks and/or shoes on.
  • I feel like a stuffed sausage in stadium seats.
  • Airline seat belts do not fit.
  • I can't walk up one flight of stairs at work without being totally winded.
  • I think about food all the time.
  • I think about my weight all the time.
  • My face is puffy.
  • The only reason my ankles are not puffy is because it is winter.
  • I sit a lot.
  • I move slowly.
  • My arms do not lie flat at my sides.
  • I look terrible in everything I put on.
  • My knees make noise when I walk up the stairs.
  • My winter coat does not fit.
  • I can't wear high heels.
  • My collarbones are hidden under layers of fat.
  • I avoid cameras.
  • I cannot get up off the floor gracefully.
  • Shopping is no fun. 


There are lots of other awful things about being fat, but I guess this list will do for now. 

The plan this time around is to KEEP THINGS SIMPLE. Here's the deal: 

  • Make regular journal / blog entries. They can be short. Sometimes I don't write because I feel overwhelmed with all the weight-related stuff flying around in my head. 
  • Plan my meals in a weekly overview and adjust daily.
  • Intuitive eating.
  • Go to the gym at least three times a week.
  • Drink water.
  • Weigh every day. 


DON'T GIVE UP.
RECLAIM A BAD DAY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment